Monday, October 17, 2005

Introducing 7502's Third Wheel

After 15 days of bliss reading the musings of my roommates from Southeast Asia, it's time for me to throw my hat in the ring.

October 16th was a busy day at la casa. Early in the day, newlyweds Epstein and Stacey, just back from their honeymoon, came over to taunt us with their nascent connubial bliss and offer home decorating tips. Incidentally, feedback such as, "You guys should put a lamp, a couch, or some kind of furniture in the living room," has already been considered. Thanks for the input.

It was a good day for free stuff. Margaret made a gift of coffee and my lovely and talented girlfriend, Saira, sent a care package of teas, candies, and other sundries she was sure we would neglect to pick up for ourselves. We also scored a set of chairs, a coffee table (possibly for use with the aforementioned coffee), and a lamp for our formerly unfurnished living room.

Even my arrival wasn't enough to derail a very pleasant evening of sports and neighborhood reunions. After a post-flight power nap I headed over to check out my new digs. I found my roommates in the basement with David's parents watching the NLCS. They were soon joined by Meredith, making a large crowd of Corliss alums. By the time the Seahawks started throttling the Texans, Josh and my dad joined us. It was a jolly old time of watching the #1 offense in the NFL on TiVO-enhanced digital cable and consuming a delicious dinner prepared by Seth. Joining us for dinner were Seth's dad and stepmother who came bearing the furniture mentioned above.

I can't be sure which parts of the evening were real and which were imagined during jet lag-induced bouts of unconsciousness. Either way, it was a great introduction to the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home